Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weebles Wobble, But They Don't Fall Down

I'll explain the title in  a second. I want to try doing something I did in my journal. I found a list of questions online that were questions about your life. Not cliche ones either. However, I did find it on a Young Women's website. Okay, maybe that's a little cliche.

I'd love to hear your response to these daily questions too!

Q: Did you go to the library? Did your family have a 'library'? Did your family read together? What was your favorite book to read together?
A: Golly, I love the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library back home. It really did remind me of the library in the TV show Arthur ("Having fun isn't hard, when you've got a library card!"). My two favorite book aisles were the craft and fiction section (anything fantasy or dealing with unicorns). As for the family 'library,' we have alternative forms of libraries. We have stacks of books everywhere in our basement. I kid you not, 3 of the 4 walls in the basement were packed with my dad's computer programming books...hmm...I still wonder why he keeps those. And of course in the corner are all of the leftover children's books that we never had the guts to throw away. Then, my mom has her little bookshelf with different church books she's accumulated over the years. I really wish my family read together more, especially the Book of Mormon. If we ever did read together, we read that book. Although we never did it much in the past, I'm trying to call my family and read the Book of Mormon with them over the phone twice a week.

That was kind if a long one. But, it's a little insight into my childhood. Back to my day. There's no better way to start the day (well, after morning prayers) than with American Heritage reading! It's even better when you can find the famous readings online. I got ready today listening to the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.! Oh there's nothing like making scrambled eggs and learning about our history. On a more serious note, these men that fought for equality were such admirable leaders. The true heroes that I look up to have made big sacrifices in order to benefit other people. Martin Luther King, Jr., President Thomas S. Monson, the Pioneers, my Mom!, and most importantly, the Savior. They recognize the needs of others are more important than their own.

After a beautiful lesson in American Heritage, I headed to the Fish Bowl.

My favorite place to study. I swear, listening to chem vocabulary slip from the mouths of those around me thrills me! It's like sweet nothings.

After 3 hours of reading chemistry, I sat enameled in chemistry as we learned about solutions and molality. I just can't wait to pursue nutritional science and pharmacy!

Off to my Intro to Health Professions class. Then a Dance Review. This is where the title comes into play. I had forgotten to wear a belt today, and unfortunately I slipped on a loose pair of pants. So, I had wonderful droopy drawers while performing traditional folk dances. Not to mention, my glasses slipped to the edge of my nose. And my necklace loosened, then trickled down my shirt. Let's just say, I looked like a gangster, granny misfit.

Afterwards, I enjoyed my time at a lovely ward closing activity, eating pizza and cake. I love my ward. We've all grown so much! It's hard to imagine we've been through a year together. And now, it's getting to "goodbye and good luck." Or even better, "God be with you till we meet again."

 On that note, I think I learned something from feeling like a Wobbling Weeble. Though there are some rough times--like saying goodbye, feeling inadequate, or slipping up in a dance--you can wobble, but DON'T FALL DOWN.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Suzettesky. How you crack me up. :D I can totally hear your voice when I read this.

    ReplyDelete