Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Lives!

Happy Easter!
I found this online, I think it's perfect for today! I mean, I love how we celebrate this happy moment. It gives me hope. Because, I mean He had suffered and died for us. But, He knew that there was hope. How often do we lose sight of the hopeful future? One of my favorite scriptures now (that I'm trying to memorize) is Ether 12: 4. 


And now onto my weekend. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's been a busy couple of days! I did 18 hrs of studying for chemistry on Wednesday. Took the Chem test on Thursday for 5 and a half hours. Then, packed for 6 hours. Woke up on Friday. Cleaned for 7 hrs. Said goodbye. Left for Salt Lake. Spent the evening with Chantelle and her friends. Woke up the next day early to go to the airport. Then flew until 4:20pm when I arrived in the Cleveland airport. I breathed in the fresh, oxygen-filled air. Waited outside the airport for my family. Boy, was it humid! My face felt sticky. The air was heavy. I could tell there was a good chance of rain. You could feel it (this reminds me of a song by the "Macarena" band. It goes something like "You can feel it. In the air, in the air. Can you feel it? It's everywhere"). 

My family and I then went to Steak n Shake. Good Ohioan choice. Cheap, good ole Ohio food. 

My sister, Monique, and I went to a Stake Youth Dance. Haha, I felt so old! But, I really had fun with my sister. We're the crazy dancing type. It runs in our blood. 

Beautiful. Turquoise lettering with lavender flowers.

You're looking at a 19 year old me. Yes, I do look a little tired. 

Sweet photo taken by my photographer: Monique Rovelsky
I came home and we had some Dairy Queen birthday cake for my 19th Birthday. It was so yummy! Everyone eats that cake differently. I eat mine by first eating the whipped cream fluff on the top and bottom. Then I eat the vanilla ice cream on the side and top. I save the best for last. I eat the crumble and fudge along with the chocolate ice cream. My sister eats the middle with the vanilla. She doesn't like the chocolate ice cream. It's quite preposterous, but I forgive her.

Sunday
My home ward church! Golly, I love that the church is the same principles everywhere. Same sacrament. Same basic truths. :) 

There are some differences with a Singles' Ward and a Home Ward. You know you're not in Singles' Ward anymore when...
  • The speaker in Sacrament meeting is hardly audible over the children.
  • The topic on talks is the hardships of marriage rather than the blessings it brings (c'mon, marriage happy singles!)
  • "BABIES EVERYWHERE!" (Name that commercial).
  • Fruit snack gummies on the floor and pews. 
  • Breast feeding during Relief Society (let's hope that doesn't happen at Singles' Ward!)


I did also attend the Singles' Branch afterwards. I can't wait to get to know everyone there. I tried introducing myself to as many people as I could. I introduced myself to 7 people. So, I've met half! :) 

Then, I came home and we had Easter Sunday lunch. Yum. Home cooked meals. Incomparable to my humble meals. 

Okay, sorry for going through step-by-step of my day, but this is something that utterly shocked me. I mean really. I took a long nap on Sunday. About 4 hours. My roommates can testify that I could never take a nap on Sundays. But, I defied gravity...or something. I woke up thinking it was Monday. I was relieved when I found out otherwise.


For dinner, I had...AN ARTICHOKE. A delicacy. I missed my mother's cooking and food choice.

We then watched "Beyond the Blackboard" on CBS. I posted something about it earlier today. My Dad was telling me about it and I jokingly said, "And she's Mormon!" He then finished his thought, "...and she's Mormon." Who called it?! 

We finished the night with scripture study and family prayer. :) Couldn't have had a better Easter Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment