Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday

Oh boy, what a day. So, I woke up at Helena's after having a night filled with 4 Charley's Horses. Charley Horses? Charlee Horses? ...anyways. Then, unfortunately I fell asleep with my contacts in. Therefore, I had a nice big pink ring around my eyes, which was my eye's way of screaming, "Hey guess what bimbo! I'm drying out like a field in a drought." :)

But, seriously, other than that, it was a great day. I fasted today. Yes, I actually had the control to fast on a school day. This is quite hard for me, considering I usually use food to motivate me throughout the day. I'll think to myself, Okay, if you finish this Chemistry assignment, you can eat your granola bar. Or, I'll eat my food in certain classes. Like Personal Finance is carrots or chips. Or American Heritage is a granola bar. Even now, as I write this, I realize how utterly pathetic my obsession with food. So, instead I fasted! And I felt so much better. I guess I should clarify, I did fast for a reason. I wasn't just starving myself. Phewh, it's nice to get that off my chest. 

And then, of course, I hear a motivating devotional today about communication and being an example in the way we handle new technology. I really liked what he said about using technology:
1) What's your tagline? Or in other words, decide who you want to be. The BYUtv tagline is "see the good in the world." Yet, the speaker later mentioned being the good in the world. I want people to see my tagline as "being a disciple of Christ." Hence the blog title.


2) What's on your playlist? What is your media consumption like? And I'm not just talking about your iPod playlist. Seriously, can I say that everything I watch and listen to is "of good report"? 


3) What's your role? He had us all hold up our cell phones and mobile devices. I guarantee more than 90% of the students held up an item. It's crazy that we live in a society that everyone has access to these mobile devices. He really emphasized using these devices to our advantage in spreading the gospel. 


Awesome devotional. And, I really don't want this to come across as Oh, I'm so much better, blah, blah, blah...but, I have all of Conference on my iPod. I have never been this quick to do it! I mean, I think it'd be cool to know exactly what everyone spoke on. I know this sounds kinda weird, but I think it's a great experience so far. Just pop in the headphones and hit play, and I get to hear the General Authorities!

Other than that, life was simply stupendous today. I don't feel any different. In fact, in many ways I feel inadequate. But, today was a day filled with many good, little moments. Like folk dance, or watching Lion King at work, or doing a dance video with Eleise tonight. :)

2 comments: