Friday, April 15, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friend

I have this friend.
I feel like I never have enough of him. 
In the presence of laughter and fun, he quickens his pace. 
He also likes to linger in my classes. Trust me, I seem to glance his way with every breath. 

And despite all my attempts to catch up with him, he always seems to run out. 

My dear friend is none other than time.

So, I felt like I needed to make a poetic statement about time. Right now, he seems like an enemy. I wish there were more hours in the day. Especially with exams coming up this week. 

Though, compared to my high school years, I have gotten better at time management. I look back at my busy schedule in high school, with track, cross country, speech and debate, SEC, student council, orchestra, church, seminary...oh yeah, and school. How did I do it without my iCalendar. This is when the Apple logo pops up on the screen as I further advocate Apple's awesome application (alliteration, bam). 

But, most importantly, I lost track of time today on my run. I lost my running watch at school a couple weeks ago. So, I've been using my handy-dandy dolphin watch.
 Except, today, it wasn't so handy. I went for a 6mi run to blow off some steam. According to my watch, I had only run around 4mi. I knew something was wrong when I was in the downtown of another city. When I finally got home, I realized I had run around 7.3 miles. I looked down at my little rotating second-hand dolphin...it might take me a while to warm up to that mammal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment