Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Don't Worry, We'll Put Her To Work!"

Q: Find four scriptures about Faith. Write the references in your journal. Memorize one and record it in your journal. Write a short sentence or two telling what the scriptures mean to you.

Alma 32: 41- "But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life."
I like this one on faith because it explains what it takes to endure to the end. 


Alma 19:16-17. The story of Abish. She's one of my favorite characters in the Book of Mormon, because she had been converted to the Lord already; so she was able to rejoice in the conversion of the king's house! She waited when the people were ready to listen to her testimony. 

3 Nephi 17: 20. "And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full." First off, faith is in Jesus Christ! By having this faith, you can be blessed; but most importantly, you provide Christ with JOY! 

Ether 12:4- "Wherefore whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." This is probably my favorite one because it states that faith can bring about a hope for a better world! It's hard to live in a world with the current financial, environmental, social, political, etc. problems! 


Recap of last couple days:

Friday- Temple.

Saturday- Easter Conference, Taxes.

Sunday- WWII Oatmeal Molasses cookies, last ward council meeting.

It's been a rocky couple of days. It seems like every time I fill my joy is full, the next moment I feel sunk! And in the back of my mind, one word lingers in the darkness. Ready to pounce, and attack my sanity. FINALS. The first day of finals is on Saturday! Of this week! I'll be home in exactly 2 weeks. I might not see any of these people again in my life. It's really crazy to think of how fast 2 semesters can go.

I still remember my first Sunday here. I decided to go to the BYU 12th Stake Sacrament meeting.

My family and I were there together. I wanted to sit nearer to the front, while they all crept in the back. I felt so alienated. After the meeting, the name "Gygi" stuck out in my mind as I searched the crowd for someone that would hold this name. Look for the bald guy with a beautiful wife. My eyes were immediately drawn to this couple sitting a couple rows in front of me. She had big brown hair that seemed to be enough hair for her and her husband, because he didn't have any! It popped into my mind. That must be them! Asking someone nearby verified this thought. It's now or never. With all the nerves I could muster, I went to them and introduced myself. Then, we met up with my parents and we all exchanged "hellos." Bishop Gygi (I found out it was pronounce "Gee gee" rather than "guy gee") then introduced me to his counselors. One thing that Brother Thomas said still stands out in my mind. As he shuck my hand and then my parents' hands, he remarked, "Don't worry. We'll put your daughter to work." Come to find out, I would be called as the Relief Society president. I'm sure Brother Thomas didn't know that day what calling I would receive. Because, it doesn't matter if I'm RSP or Hymnbook Coordinator. It's that I'm being put to work, to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment