Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Here Comes the Sun!

Gosh, sorry I haven't posted these last couple of days. I've thought about it so much. But, I've been so busy and tired! I'll try to go over the highlights.

Monday:
-De-cluttered and unpacked.
My mom suggested I take pictures of my old trophies, then just toss 'em. So, this is back when I did gymnastics. Gosh, it was so thrilling back then! I still wish I could do like 8 backhand springs in a row. 

 You have no idea how good it feels to get rid of 4 years worth of junk.

So, I found my old shoes! I loved these things. They're quite hideous, but something about them just gets me!
I had a file for almost every book I read in high school for that blasted AP English test. I have been holding onto them for some time now. But, then I thought, Wait, I actually want to enjoy these books. They deserve to be READ, not just merely picked apart and analyzed.
Ta ta, Lit Crit! Adios analytical papers!  (but, please, no one tell Mrs. Colligan!)

Also, I actually unpacked my suitcase within the first week! College really has taught me something.

Tuesday:
-Seminary. If someone would've told me I would VOLUNTARILY wake up during my summer, at 5:45am, to go to seminary...I would have slapped them for telling lies. I now apologize to that person I slapped. They were right. In order to get the van, I need to go with my sister to school. Which includes seminary. But, I really actually enjoy/need it. I mean, it's doctrine and covenants. It makes me realize how easy I have it.
-Went to Woodsy's Music Shop. Super cute worker gave me like a 25% discount on my purchase! Okay, I don't want to jump to conclusions...I mean he probably was just in a hurry...but, possibly, maybe (I'm hoping) he did it 'cuz he thought I was cute. It's never happened to me before! Anyways, I bought an "A" string for my cello. I tried putting it in and tuning my cello. But then broke that string. :( I guess I'll have to go into the store again. And I need to ask for lessons. Maybe this is a sign that I am destined to see him again. If it is a sign, I just wish it were less expensive!
-Went to my Public Library! I got tons of my favorites. The one I'm reading now is called Rowan of Rin: Rowan and the Travelers.
Rowan of Rin: Rowan and the Travelers by Emily Rodda

It's about a boy named Rowan. He takes care of these sheep-like animals in his town (so basically the shepherd). Though he is shy and fearful, he seems to get involved in adventures one way or another. Right now, the travelers have come mysteriously to their town. And something dark is looming over his town. Ugh, so good!

Wednesday:
-I contacted over 50+ businesses today. Yes, 50+. It's insane! I really want to earn money this summer and am willing to put in the hours. But, the only thing not marketable about me is the length of time I'm home. :/ I'll just keep trying! I know the Lord is looking out for me. He knows what's best, so I'll just keep trying!
-Went to Handel's ice cream. Got my all-time favorite flavor: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. I should've taken a picture. It has swirls of raspberry filling wrapped around a dark chocolate ice cream with chocolate bits blended into its creamy texture. The one word to describe it? DIVINE.

Other than that, I mean I've been running. I've been working on getting family prayer and scripture study together. Oh, I put pictures of the temple around my room. :)
They were from an old calendar of my sister's. Temple pictures are what I've been wanting for the past year! 

Well, Life's been pretty good. I feel super blessed to be willing and able to do the tasks given to me. This summer won't be a walk in the park, but I know I'm going to look back and be grateful for the hard work I'm putting in.

Golly, I love Ohio. I mean, the humidity makes me sticky. The random weather can be irritating. But now, I sit at my desk and listen to the pitter patter of raindrops on the roof. Rain always makes me feel cozier when I'm inside. It seems to remind me that everything's going to be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that ice cream is making me drool! Sounds like just your flavor :) Good luck on your applications! I've been putting in a bunch too! I did a group interview for Anthropologie (How AMAZING would that job be?? Helena would kill me) and I think it went really well! I'll find out by next Wednesday. I also got a call back for an interview with Borders! I hope we get jobs easily :)

    ReplyDelete