Monday, May 2, 2011

I haven't been on in a while! Sorry guys! Let's see, I'll try to inform you on my ever so exciting life.

-Finished Rowan and the Travelers
-Started Pride and Prejudice
-Visited my dear friend Natalie. It's people like that that really make me cherish friends and help me have charity.
-For a week, I completed my goal of running for 5 out of the 7 days.
-I went to a Singles' Activity on Saturday night. Met so many amazing people.
-Fasted. How awesome is that?
-I played Ultimate Frisbee. And people actually threw me the frisbee. I didn't completely suck!
-Testimony meeting. Different than BYU, but people still have the same simple testimonies in the truth.

-I made a casserole! And there were no leftovers!
-Spent all day at the church, meeting new people. Getting to know and love the members of the Easthill Branch.
-Started making an inventory of my family's food.
-Babysat last Friday.
-Watched "Long Green Line"
-Watched "The Testament."
-Went to my younger sister's orchestra concert (brought me back to 7 years of orchestra).

-Won two free tickets for scuba diving lessons!

Okay, so some of that is out of order. And usually I would comment on each one of these. However, I don't want to bore you with details.

I guess, what I've come to understand this past year is really who I am. I struggled with that for years. In middle school, I was trying to fit in. Some girls showed me how to dress, how to put on make-up, etc. But, I ended up being just a clone. Then, I discovered my loud voice in Speech and Debate. In all my years of high school, I kept trying to please people. My coach, my teacher, my parents especially. But, sometimes at the sacrifice of who I am. This past year, I found strength in aspects I never thought possible. And now, I know how to handle problems. And stress. And weakness. It doesn't seem so impossible anymore. And the only person I want to please more than anything is my Heavenly Father.

Random blurb, but it gives me some perspective. Plus, I just watched this epic running movie "The Long Green Line." Watch it for free on Hulu, guys! So good. I think the most important thing is finding little things that will motivate you. Even if it's motivation to get out of bed, or to finish the day with a smile. Find something that gives you hope and that will give you a sense of your potential.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” -Albert Camus, in John Bartlett, comp., Familiar Quotations, 16th ed. (1980), 732.

No comments:

Post a Comment