Monday, May 16, 2011

Wisely Optimistic

I need not apply any words of sorry or regret for not posting lately, for my time has be occupied by some quite ordinary matters (of which you know some very well and others not so much). I have been training, as you know, at Wing Warehouse. For now, I will look to the job as a challenge and a missionary experience (the latter thanks to my friend Laura; she instilled me with this optimism).

In other matters, I have been reading Pride and Prejudice, as my language in writing might have alluded--for sometimes I too frequently adopt the habits of those I feel greatly acquainted with. I do not wish to portray any of my sentiments for which I am accustomed to feeling after finishing an intriguing novel. Nor do I want to express petty feelings of longing for a romance as Jane Austen so graciously offers us. All I wish to say on the matter is that I look to the future with optimism. One day I will be incandescently in love as to laugh and smile even more than usual. I will look back to these years of anticipation with gratefulness that they will soon be gone; however, the years will provide me the patience and maturity needed for the most precious gifts our Heavenly Father can bestow on his children: that of matrimony and posterity.

Until that journey begins, I must continue my efforts in improving my character. For there are so many faults I have time to correct, and many weaknesses that have yet to become my greatest strengths.

To end with a thought contrived by our dear President Eyring, "Be a Wise Optimist!"

No comments:

Post a Comment