Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day in the Life...

Today was spent mostly thinking about two things: running and jobs. I am starting to desperately want a full-time job. I mean, I need more structure in my life. Is that sad?

But, to save you from a boring rant about my desperation and futile attempts, I'll go into my running obsession. In the last 24 hrs, I've watched two running movies. Verdict? Fantastic. I can't stop thinking about running. I felt bad, though, that my mind strayed to running even during scripture study! I think the most important thing to realize is that running can actually help us turn more to our Savior and our Heavenly Father. I think any LDS runner would agree. Many prayers are said before a race, during a hard workout, in the midst of physical injury, and after accomplishing a goal. When you push your body and mind to its limits, you have to find something to pull you through it. And when you come out triumphant, you gain a greater testimony in that thing that kept you going. It's hard to describe.

So, to track my progress in running, I decided to run a half-marathon this summer. It's on August 13th. It's kinda on the complete opposite side of the state. I might need to encourage other college, SMFHS alumni to join me. My goal is to someday qualify for the Boston Marathon. I think by no coincidence does this marathon occur on or around my birthday.

Oh, I almost forgot one more thing:
Grades for Winter 2011
How blessed I have been, let me tell you. Somehow, with a lot of prayers and faith, the Lord helped me do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment