Sunday, May 20, 2012

Power of Prayer. You'd Better Believe It

I just had the coolest experience. My sister is on her mission in Korea right now. I got to talk to her this last week; I didn't realize how much I missed her until I had to say goodbye at the end of the call. Not only that, because I actually got to talk to her, she confided more intimately her struggles. Especially with the language. So, this week, instead of just praying for her, I prayed specifically for her to learn the language more fully. My roommate even prayed for her since we started doing roommate prayers. And this is what Chantelle sent in her e-mail this week: 




"Have you been praying for me a little harder this week? ...Because I can feel it.  

This past week the language felt easier. Way easier. It felt like I had saran wrap over my ears and a paperclip on my tongue before. But this past week it felt like someone unwrapped the saran wrap and removed the paperclip! I could hear and speak way more clearly and confidently. I responded to questions more rapidly and without thinking- questions that before it'd take me a minute or 2 to answer and rearrange the sentence in my head. Miracle. Okay, that makes it sound like I've been mute for the past 6 months (I just realized.. today is my 6 month in country mark-- YIKES!) ..anyways.. I promise I haven't been mute, but it came a LOT easier this past week! 

...

Thanks so much for your prayers this past week! I'm serious- they're creating some cool miracles halfway across the world 

I needed to hear this, especially because I prayed that she would know I was praying for her. I know that sounds kind of weird, but I wanted her to know it! And she did; and Heavenly Father wanted me to know how it had benefitted her too. I think I needed to be reminded of the power in prayer. 

Needless to say, I am overwhelmed with Heavenly Father's love for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Suzette this is SO awesome!! I'm seriously crying right now. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable. Thanks for sharing. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete