Thursday, May 17, 2012

God is a DJ, Life is a Dance Floor

Do you ever have those days where every slightly eventful moment seems like a good start of a blog post?

This has been happening for the last week or so. Then, with those small moments I try to relate it to the big picture, but I got nothing. So you're left with a blog post with a little update on my life.


Zumba. Not only can I not stop doing it, I can't stop talking about it (lots of negatives in that sentence; I'll let you figure it out). Can you say hips like Shakira? Working on that. I have tried to dedicate about 2 hours to working out everyday. However, I've started wondering if I'm allocating too much of my time to myself. I'm thinking about switching it to 1 hour and 15min. It'll be harder to keep track of, but I should spend more time with people and serving them.

Pass of All Passes. This makes me incredibly happy. Although it was more money than I anticipated, I need to go at least 4 times to Seven Peaks to make it worthwhile. What makes it better is my job perfectly aligns with a Provo "beach bum." Most days, I don't have to go in until 4! How perfect is that?

Themes at work. Remember when I was worried about working around 30 hours at work? With theme, time is flying! Our first week was Superhero week, then Wizard week, and now it's Pirate week. Your typical themes, but just you watch. Next week is Supermario week. The week after that is Talent week. You know how excited I get when someone at work smiles or laughs about the silliness of trivia or the game. I have THE BEST job ever.

Outdoor adventures. I think I'm falling in love. With the beauty of Utah. It's amazing!

 I've gone on hikes,

to the hot springs in Spanish fork, and other adventurous things (like clubbing). For those that worry about my balance of social and serious, I'm doing fine!

Single-hood. If you talk to my roommates, they'll say that I keep talking about trying not to be bitter about this word. I'm already starting to see all my friends split off with boys and find their happy endings. And, I'm really trying my best to show an interest in a few guys. But, is it bad that I've already settled in my mind that it won't work?  I think it's my coping mechanism. And while I'm being honest, I also feel like I have to be more fit to even be considered by some of these eligible bachelors. Oh what a conundrum!

Well, I think these things adequately describe the stage I'm at right now. I have wonderful things to occupy my time for me, but I need to occupy my time with others. Thankfully, one of the side effects is a deterrence from single's awareness.

I haven't said it in a while, so I need to mention how I know Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of me. He places me in callings where I can stretch myself. He has a plan for me, and I have a purpose while I'm here. I'm still figuring that out, but he gives me hints. ;)

(P.S. I really need to get my camera charger. Wherever it is. I need it. I need to document my life better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment