Friday, August 26, 2011

I learned...

It's the eve of the school year and all through the house,
no one else was stirring
besides Suzette the louse.


Why yes, it is 2:15 am and I am the only person up. Why am I blogging? Well, I need to capture this moment.

What have I learned this summer might you ask? I learned how to stand on my own, and on my own testimony. I realized that I had a strength within me that came from following the Lord. I learned how to laugh and love unconditionally. I learned how to be a good waitress...and how to be a good customer. I RElearned the love of reading. I learned that friends are not hard to come by, but keeping the good ones takes hard work, and forgiveness. I learned that no matter how cheesy a TV show is, it still can motivate you in the worst of times. I learned that making money is not as hard as controlling the urge to spend it. I learned that working out 5 days a week makes you 10x more confident in yourself. I learned that I love having guy friends! I don't need to feel marriage-bound with every guy I meet! I learned that it'll be hard raising a family, but that it will be worth it. I learned that roller coasters and tiny, girl pockets equal broken phones. I learned that homeless people have stories too; and they are willing to share if you but take the time to listen. I learned that dates are much appreciated! I learned some fantastic culinary tricks and recipes to eat healthy this semester. Most importantly, I learned further that Jesus Christ is my Savior. That Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. And through the power of prayer and the priesthood, the gospel has been restored and the Book of Mormon brought forth for our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment