Thursday, July 14, 2011

To Every Thing There Is A Season

Alright I've been thinking about what I should blog about next (since Monique has banned me from talking about food).

Drum roll please. The ESPYS?! As a very uninformed sports person, I really had no idea what the ESPYS were. However, working at a sports bar and grill kind of gives me the sports knowledge I never gained as a child (my dad is the crossword-puzzle-computer-programming-type of guy; not a bad thing). What I got out of the ESPYS is an award show where every hot guy in the world is invited to attend. Throw in a couple girls too, I guess. But, let's focus on the guys please.

Ryan Reynolds
There I am busing my tables, and I see this beauty on the TV. I kind of gasped a little bit. And maybe started drooling (ha, just kidding). Ryan Reynolds is my celebrity crush because he's a great comedian/actor. The humor he adds to his parts is great! Also, he says he runs! Like 5 miles a day to train for a marathon. Funny and a runner? My type of guy! Plus, he's attractive (that's bonus).

Justin Bieber
Okay I don't know why he was there. Not a fan. And the EARRINGS?!

Justin Timberlake
Kay, childhood crush. If you listened to *NSYNC when you were little, you probably had a crush on this guy. And, of what I've seen on TV, I like his fun, quirky personality.

Jimmer Fredette
Holy Smokes. There's a BYU Student. A Mormon. With a bunch of celebrities being recognized as the Best Male College Athlete. And looking mighty fine while doing it. Rachel and Audrey (if you're reading), this totally made me think of you guys. How hot does he look?!

Now, I'm realizing I have a thing for guys in gray suits. Note to self.

Ready for this transition? Seeing guys like this makes me want to become a better "athlete." Not that I'm like an official athlete, but I'd like to think I have some skills in running, swimming, and snowboarding. And big news! I got a gym pass at the Natatorium (basically the coolest gym ever!).
For $50 a month, I can go to any workout class, lift weights, run on a treadmill or on a track, GO SWIMMING, etc. I feel like a kid at a playground every time I go. I tried a Zumba class yesterday! Today I'm planning on going to Zumba and Kickboxing! I also went swimming yesterday, and a man I was sharing the lane with said I am a great swimmer. I told him my friend (Leisy!) just taught me how to this past winter. He was shocked because he thought I was one of those lettered-in-high-school swimmers! I was so flattered!

I am so glad I got a pass here because I have been running 5 days a week the whole summer. I was in a "rut" and didn't know what to do to get out. I prayed about it, and I genuinely believe that this is the answer to my prayer.

So, I'd like to end with the thought that Heavenly Father cares about our interests. He knows I love to run and workout, but that I needed a change. And I can, in turn, show my gratitude by keeping my body healthy and strong. He loves me enough to listen and answer my prayers. He loves me enough to send His son, Jesus Christ, to save me from sin. There is so much to rejoice in!

Ecclesiastes 3

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 2time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4A time to weep, and a time to alaugh; a time to bmourn, and a time to dance;
 5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6A time to aget, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7A time to arend, and a time to sew; a time to keep bsilence, and a time to speak;
 8A time to love, and a time to ahate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
 9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein healaboureth?
 10I have seen the atravail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be bexercised in it.
 11He hath made every thing abeautiful in his time: also he bhathset the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the cworkthat God maketh from the beginning to the end.
 12I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do agood in his life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Suzette. Thank you. 1) I FULLY agree with Ryan Reynolds. Easily the most attractive celeb right now. EASILY. 2) Jimmer. Oh my attractive man in a gray suit!! And he's just so cute and humble and good. even when he's surrounded by the world. Thank you. I highly enjoyed this post. :) all of it.

    ReplyDelete