Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Heavy Dose of Summer

I can't sleep, which I feel is the frequent pattern for my writings.

There's something so reflective about the early hours of the morning I guess!

What happened the rest of this summer? Where has it gone?

Goblin Valley. This was a girls' trip, which I was so grateful for.  These girls weren't afraid to be themselves. It allowed for us to become a lot closer in just a couple of days. The highlights from this trip include almost running out of gas on the way down, Elise carrying a handgun on her, peeing in the wilderness (Chelsea's first time!), the night sky, stripping down to our underwear to wade through slot canyon puddles, getting hit on by carnival men, and trying to stay upside down the longest on a spinning roller coaster. These girls taught me to live in the moment, and appreciate beauty and laughter!

Being an Extra in a Movie. Having a flexible schedule this summer allowed me to say "yes" to a lot of things I typically wouldn't. That includes being an extra in my friend's film Days of Z. Plus, who could turn down an opportunity to be dressed as a zombie?

Squaw Peak Mountain. This one was so fun! Just a Saturday morning hike with a couple of stellar people. To a view of Provo that I had never seen before. It taught me to try to look at things with a different perspective. Plus, these people laughed at my jokes. Making me feel all funny n stuff. I love not only feeling appreciated...but appreciated for my humor! #FTW

Playing softball with my ward. I never thought I would ever, EVER be good at softball. Or really any sport with a ball involved. It was definitely out of my comfort zone! But, I watched a Bees game in Salt Lake. Then I watched my sister's fiance play with his friends. And I couldn't help but feel more enthusiastic about it. I had to try it. And thankfully my church group had a team going! I tried it...and practiced...and played catch for the first time in my life I think! I even struck somebody out by catching their pitch! I had the most supportive team too. I'm sad I work in the evenings now so I can't play, but it was such a memorable experience.


Up Next:
Zions Nat'l Park
Dinner with some fancy people
Lake Powell
Mt. Timp


No comments:

Post a Comment