Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Donut and the Runs...Dreading it, yo.

Here are the beginnings of my adventures:

Last week I planned a hike for my ward. We hiked to Donut Falls up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was an amazing view. Everyone on the hike were good sports because most of the trail was covered in snow still.

The pinnacle part of the hike was the snow climb up to the falls. Any moment you could slip in the slushie snow down into the rocks in the stream. Thankfully we made it out with only scratches and bruises: the tattoos of adventure.
Then, I went on a cabin trip with some people in my ward: Lauren, Courtney, etc. That was awesome! I actually have been up to Pineview Reservoir before (family trip with an ex-boyfriend) so it's great to improve the memories with new ones at those cabins. We went four-wheeling in horse fields, hot tubbing, dancing, and just simply lounging around. It was the most rest I've had in a while. Then, we went and "chaperoned" Lauren's brother's 18th birthday party. It was huge. Imagine a backyard dance party you've seen in the movies. Pretty sure we were the craziest dancers. 
Then there's running (except for days I have another activity planned). I've found some pretty cool trails in Salt Lake. There's a continuation of the Bonneville Shoreline trail, Ensign Peak, and Freedom Trail. I had quite the blunder the other day when I was running and then suddenly I heard some thunder. I was 30 minutes out, which means 30 min away from Emerson (my Subaru Outback). Of course, my car was back where the clouds were coming from. It was the most counter-intuitive feeling running alone on this bare mountain trail towards the dark abyss. Before I made it back to my car, I decided take cover and try to wait out the storm. I ran to the nearest building: The Huntsman Cancer Institute. As soon as I got in the doors, it started raining. It was more like a mix between rain and snow. There I was in this ritzy facility in shorts and a tank top. Out of place much? After the storm calmed down to a steady trickle of rain I decided to brace the cold. I still remember how cold my fingers and legs were as I bolted back to my car.
The panoramic above is from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It's a view from Provo (it was one of my favorite trails to run).

Next adventure was probably getting dreadlocks! It took about 4 hours to get them done. It was well worth it. I love them!

Next up: 
Hiking to the Living Room.
Kayaking Down the Provo River & Hitchhiking.
Goblin Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment