Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This is a beautiful article that talks specifically about relationships not working out. Breaking up sucks. Feelings of loneliness and depression can follow. I know that because it happened to me. But I love what this article says about Todd and Alessia's stories:

"In their respective experiences, Todd and Alessia both eventually recognized that even though a key relationship in their lives was altered, they couldn’t abandon their obedience and allegiance to the Lord. He became their anchor when everything else was changing and uncertain."

I know that to be true. Last summer, for about a month each day, I would wake up in almost a panicked state, uncertain and fearful of my future. I found the peace that I needed as I searched the scriptures and found God's love for me. Some days took longer than others, but I read until my mind was clear and my soul was calm.

This quote resonated with me so much, I had to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment