Monday, January 28, 2013

Girls Put in X in X Games

This weekend was probably my first, legitimate time on ESPN.com. All the other sporadic times I went on that website don't count because they were probably just to impress some boy that I liked.

This time it was for a much better cause. On Thursday, I was quite disappointed that my spontaneous snowboarding trip didn't happen because of the icy conditions at BYU (if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video). Guys, on Tuesday I had successfully landed my first box

Ok...even a little kid can go off a box...
...and gone off my first real jump!
My first jump! Not. This is crazy. 
I was ecstatic to go again! Mother Nature said no. Or more like "wait till next week." In the meantime, I found out that day the X Games were starting!

I'm like those annoying parents that live vicariously through their children. I was living vicariously through those amazing snowboarders! Why? Well, Shaun White is my celebrity crush, even without his  long hair...

And Elena Hight is an inspiration for any female! She landed a trick that no guy has even landed in a half-pipe competition. Watch it here. It's called a backside double rodeo (I think there's a more technical term for it; who cares, it just looks sweet!).

Now, you might not be a snowboarder...yet. But, let me tell you, it's offered me more happiness in the last 2 years than I could fully express. It has seen me through 2 hard break-ups. I can go up in the mountains for the peace, but also for a challenge.

Girls, we put the X in the X Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment