Saturday, October 27, 2012

Talks & Videos that have changed my life

This is a smorgasbord of different talks and videos that have become major turning points in my attitude, my outlook on life, my decisions, etc. 

"Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence"

"Moments that Matter Most"

"Daughters of God"

“As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten” by Elder Christofferson
"The Will of God"
Here's the video that goes along with it.


More Than Conquerors through Him That Loved Us by Paul V. Johnson. I still remember vividly listening to this talk one night my freshman year. I was discouraged and in despair towards heading back to campus which seemed like a hopeless cause in attacking my stress and assignments. Here's the part of the talk that got me through that trial of my faith: In the midst of problems, it is nearly impossible to see that the coming blessings far outweigh the pain, humiliation, or heartbreak we may be experiencing at the time. “No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.” The Apostle Paul taught, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”

"The Coat: A Story of Charity"

"Men's Hearts Shall Fail Them"

"An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ"

"Chastity: What Are the Limits?"

Daughters in My Kingdom.

"Be Strong and of a Good Courage - Mutual Theme 2010"





No comments:

Post a Comment