Monday, September 26, 2011

If You're Happy And You Know It!

Sometimes I feel like blogging fills that void for single girls. Maybe that's why I've had such a hard time blogging lately!


I have been seriously considering the plan of happiness for me. I mean, really, we tell everyone that this plan is to make us happy. But, do I stop and consider that?

I have gone through a roller coaster of emotions. At times, I feel like I am repeating the same mistakes of the past. Other times, I feel like I am becoming an entirely and disgustingly new person.

There are many people I can turn to to express my emotions. You might not ever realize how important that is to me, especially with my emotional state a couple years ago. However, I have come to realize that this is all good advice. I can talk off another person's ear about my concerns and feelings. They can give me suggestions.

But, the words of prophets are not just good advice. They are words filled with divine truth. Inspired by God to help us with our trials.


"Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.


Please never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the 'why' of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you." -President Uchtdorf


These are the words of a prophetic voice to the sisters of the world. These are meant for me, and you. I do not need to prolong my happiness. Happiness should be all around me! 


You may not know where this is coming from. Lately, I have been seriously considering the ideas of dating, courtship, and marriage. These things in our single lives are not easy. They can try us, and tempt us. But, ultimately they are there to bring us happiness: FAMILY! And this will lead us to salvation! 
Mom and little sis. Makes me laugh every time! 
Jesus Christ made this possible. Let's not let Him down. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment